Wednesday 8 June 2016

WIP Wednesday


I've been working on my May sewing challenges.  The paper piecing project is well underway.  All of the rectangles have been 'papered' and sewn into strips.  The next step is to sew the strips together and then to add a border.  The final piece will eventually become a cushion cover.


I was going to give the crazy quilting a miss, but at the last minute I decided to take Queeniepatch's advice and try a small project, so I'm making a pincushion.  I've used old jeans and sewn the patches together.  Now I just need to decide on the embellishment.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will enjoy decorating the crazy block I do like craziness. The strips look good too liking the turquoise shade in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. I'm a bit nervous about starting the crazy block but I suppose I can always unpick the stitchong if I don't like it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you will enjoy both your projects. The strips look great, I love the colour combinations, fresh and vibrant at the same time. As for the cq block, jeans will be a beautiful background to show off the embroidery,but it might be a bit hard to stitch. Use a thick and sharp needle. It will be a sturdy an very unique pin cushion. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love turquoise shades. Thanks for the tip. I'll admit I didn't give my fabric choice that much thought! Hopefully it won't be too hard going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.