Thursday 23 May 2013

Buttoned Up

I've never been a particular fan of buttons. No, scratch that. I've never paid much attention to buttons. They were always just things you put on a shirt - usually plain white and very unremarkable. But then some time last year while in a yarn shop I found some buttons in the most gorgeous shade of pinky-purple. So I bought a few. Just because. Then I got several packs of buttons as free gifts with craft magazines.  Then I saw a blog entry about a shop in Cardiff (that's where I live) called Claire Grove Buttons. So I paid it a visit and was smitten by the incredible array of decorative buttons on display. And I bought a few. Just because they were so pretty. And so on, and so on gradually building up a nice little collection.  My latest button acquisition (pictured second) is from Berry Nice Cushions on Folksy.  I didn't mean to buy any. I was just enjoying having a look. But then they were so cute, and the price was so reasonable, and I succumbed to temptation.

The thing is, now that I've developed a button habit I'm not entirely sure what to do with them! I've used a few in my crochet flower hair clips and bookmarks, and although I've got loads more plain clips to use up (so loads more crochet flower/button combo opportunities) it would be nice to try using them in some other way.  I've had a quick look on Pinterest and have seen some lovely ideas, but I'm on the lookout for more. That way I can use up my button stash and also have an excuse to give in to my newest vice ;). So if you've come across any beautiful button crafts please point me to them.

2 comments:

  1. another vice Lilian!! we all get tempted to start new collections don1t we, buttons are not on my list yet but I do have both my Grandmother`s and Mum`s old buttons but of course whenever I need a button for something there is never the right one in the box and I have to buy another!! Do you go to the show held every year in Cardiff, not sure if the oh ah button lady goes as it is a good few years now since I worked at the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. recently, I bought too some buttons. all these little things are so colorful, so cute. how can we resist ? I use them too for hear clips, but I am looking for other ideas too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.