Sunday 4 August 2013

TAST 56-60: Sailor's Stitch, Sailor's Edge Stitch, Woven Detached Chain Stitch, Breton Stitch and Diamond Stitch


Long time no stitch! It's been an age since I picked up needle and thread. Lately my go-to craft has been crochet, but I've missed my embroidery, so yesterday I decided to start catching up with the TAST challenge (and I've got a lot of catching up to do!).

As I'm so far behind I've only done a short line of each stitch.

56. Sailor's Stitch.  
57. Sailor's Edge Stitch.  
58. Woven detached chain stitch.

57. Breton Stitch.
58. Diamond Stitch.

I found it tricky to get the tension right with the woven detached chain stitch, but it's nothing that a little practise wouldn't cure.  I also tried to get a wavy line of Breton stitches, but it didn't quite work. I think maybe the stitches needed to be closer together.  So, five down twelve to go to get caught up! 

It's been a while since I've seen what everyone's been up to with TAST so I'm off to Pin Tangle to have a look.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you are catching up. The woven stitches are either a like or a dislike. For me they are meditative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like you Lilian I am way behind but unlike youy have not started to catch up, maybe you have inspired me to, will work on my CQJP for august then if not distracted will try and do some tast too. Have not been ion SF for months, not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see new stitches on your blog. I also like to crochet, but I always take the time to stitch a little. I hope later you take more time to play with the new stitches, you always have nice idea's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annet. It would be nice to do more with the stitches. I have to try harder to find more balance between my needlework interests.

      Delete
  4. I admire your talent with these fancy stitches. I knit and crochet but my embroidery skills are almost zero. Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.