Friday 20 April 2012

Ollie the Octopus

Since taking up sewing again and crochet I always say that I'll make gifts for friends and family but somehow never do.  It was my husband's niece's birthday a couple of months ago.  I started on a poncho for her that got put aside after the design started to go awry and it looked like it would be another gift that never made it out of my head. Then I started looking through my old magazines and I found a supplement called "Creative Crochet" that came with an issue of Making Magazine, which had a pattern for a cute little octopus. Perfect!

I made the tentacles multi-coloured and gave it a yellow mop of hair instead of a hat, and Ollie was born.

And I'm happy to report that Ollie is no longer in my possession. Gift gifted!


Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.