After deciding on a design for my blanket, the project took a bit of a detour when I decided that mostly white probably wasn't a practical colour for a blanket that would get used a lot (especially in this house), rather than being mostly decorative. So I settled on mostly blue, but then changed my mind about the design. After much crocheting and unravelling of a test square, I've finally settled on the new design. I'm turning the centres through 45 degrees, so the finished blanket should have multi-coloured diamonds interspersed with solid blue diamonds, giving it a quilty/patchwork look. The good thing is that I can still use all the centres that I'd already made, and as the squares are going to be a little bit bigger I might get away with making fewer.