Friday 5 October 2012

TAST 40 - Beaded Hedebo Edge Stitch

This week's stitch is the Beaded Hedebo Edge stitch.  Go over to Pin Tangle for a description of how it's done.
In a flash of inspiration I thought that the stitch would look great worked in metallic thread as tinsel on a Christmas tree, so that is my offering.
The end result isn't as good as I envisaged.  As I didn't have beads I thought that buttons could work, but I think the ones I used are slightly too big for the tree; and I haven't got the hang of French Knots, which were also supposed to take the place of some of the beads.  The metallic thread was a little tricky to work with as it was difficult to keep all the strands together.  But having said that I think it's a fair effort and I might have another go at it. I think it would be cute on the front of a Christmas card.

3 comments:

  1. I think those buttons give a very authentic look to the Christmas tree. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, the buttons look like snowflakes in your tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I thought when I saw them.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.