Tuesday 17 January 2012

Granny A Day - Week 2

Last week, I continued with the mini squares, actually throwing in a couple of mini triangles (my first ones, which I'm rather pleased with).  I had seen a pattern for a granny square headband and was thinking that perhaps I would join the small squares together to make a bracelet or headband - the triangles would go at either end. 

Then it occurred to me that I'd never actually made a conventional granny square so I decided to take a break from the mini squares to try it out.  I liked the idea of doing them in alternating rows of black and white, though I didn't really have a use for them in mind.  I'm not really sure what I think of them. I might make them slightly bigger, or play around with the arrangement of the colours.  I saw some 60s inspired cushions that I liked in black, white and red, so I might throw in a bit of red and see how that works.  Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.