Sunday 29 January 2012

Make Do and Mend Monday - Scratch Mittens

As projects go this isn't going to set the sewing world alight, but I'm pleased with these scratch mittens that I made for baby boy who has been savaging his poor little face recently.  Partly because I actually finished them (I have a tendency to start projects and not finish) and partly because I've recycled an old T-shirt.

I made them from the sleeves, very simply. Cut out the mitten shapes to the right size, using the hemmed edge for the cuffs, sew the two sides with wrong sides together (I sewed them by hand, so a machine would make even faster work of them), whip stitch (or zigzag) over the raw edges to prevent fraying, turn inside out, et voila! One pair of scratch mittens.

Sent from my HTC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.