Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sewing Aspirations

This year I decided not to make any New Year's resolutions, or at least not the giving stuff up kind. Instead I've got some aspirations - things that I would like to achieve this year - including some creative aspirations.

Most of the time I can control my urge to buy fabric, haberdashery and recently yarn, but every now and again I'll cave in and buy something with the promise that "this time I'll definitely make something!".  I rarely do. My husband put up a bookcase to be my craft corner.  It stayed relatively empty for about a week, but now it's heaving with material, yarn and my newest vice - craft magazines and books!

I've been flirting with sewing and embroidery for years, and seeing quite a lot of crochet these past few months, so in a nutshell my main creative aspiration is to get serious with all three!  I hope to make use of all the fabric - new and recycled - that I've been hoarding, to give my embroidery floss some purpose, to make my yarn into something other than just a story, and to justify my recent splurge on the many magazine subscriptions that I now own! By the end of the year I hope to be skilful and confident in my ability to create. I hope!


I'm going to take part in Very Berry Handmade's fabulous giveaway. I really shouldn't because I could potentially end up with a load more fabric, but if I do win this time I'll definitely make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always thrilled to get feedback and appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.